This exciting Swish Plus Event is a one-off opportunity in Perth to spend an evening with fashion professionals. This is your chance to declutter your wardrobe and replenish with items you will love…and with a complimentary glass of fizz!
Each attendee is invited to bring to the event up to five unwanted items of good condition ladies clothing, footwear and accessories from their wardrobe and then exchange them for others which they are more likely to wear, based on the skills, hints and tips that they’ve learnt during the evening.
Zero Waste Perth has teamed up with a variety of professionals to help you:
• DE-CLUTTER your home and wardrobe (and prioritise passing items on for reuse)
• CHOOSE THE BEST CLOTHES (so that fewer textiles are discarded – which wastes resources and leads to waste-to-landfill)
• LOOK AFTER YOUR CLOTHES (washing and drying, repairing and making minor alterations so that they fit better)
The Zero Waste Perth event will be delivered in conjunction with charities British Red Cross and PDSA, and will feature the expertise of:
• Jane Rice of Serenity Space – Organising and De-cluttering: www.findserenityspace.com
• Personal Image consultant, Integro Image: www.integroimage.co.uk
• Style and image consultant, French Dressing: www.lefrenchdressing.co.uk
• Scottish designer-maker Ruth Morris of Roobedo: www.roobedo.com
• Designer Dress Agency Revival website www.revivalperth.co.uk/
• Coach Rising Strong
This event will help people across Perth to extend the life of their clothes and to avoid sending waste to landfill. Zero Waste Scotland reports that 15,500,000 reusable t-shirts are discarded every year in Scotland. This event coincides with the annual national Pass It On Week which, this year, has the theme of The Big De-Clutter.
Free but booking essential as places are limited and on a first come, first allocated basis.
Further details of this informative and fun evening out will be released on the Zero Waste Perth Facebook Page between now and 15th March – so book your places today.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Strictly over 18s only. ID may be required.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
2, High Street is on a bus route and has bicycle parking immediately outside the building. Alternatively, chargeable car parking is available at Canal Street Car Park or Kinnoull Street Car Park.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
We will have a list; although it is helpful to bring your ticket with you (you can also use an electronic ticket)
Is my ticket transferrable?
Tickets are transferrable but please let the organisers know of any changes in advance of the event.
How can I contact the organiser?
Please contact ZeroWasteCommunity@pkc.gov.uk
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED. If you haven’t reserved your space on Eventbrite then please book up for one of our other upcoming events instead. Apologies to anyone disappointed.
BOOKING THROUGH EVENTBRITE ONLY